Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Mid-20s Massacre: Going gray, or going bald

People keep telling me I'm a millennial just because I was born in 1990, but I don't really see how it applies. I'm a classic rock guy, I prefer cash to Venmo, and I don't have an EZ pass in my car -- which is a Grand Marquis.

I think another point that supports my claim is my rampantly graying hair. It was a slow process at first but it's sped up tenfold over the last six months or so. Like I'm gonna be full on gray by the time I'm 30 and there's really nothing I can do about it.

I'm not particularly thrilled about this, given the only other people who went gray in their 20s I can think of are Brett Favre, who if you ask me gets a free pass for only winning one Super Bowl, and Taylor Hicks, who once won American Idol but hasn't dropped an album since '09, which is also the same year Favre blew the NFC Championship game for the Vikings. I think Ryan Lochte might be gray too, not helping my cause here.

But people keep telling me they'd much rather go gray at this age than go bald. I'm kind of on the fence here, given the notable bald celebrities I can think of: Larry David, Dustin Pedroia, or Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank. That's a little more my speed thank Favre or Hicks.

Then again what do I know. Should I embrace the gray and be glad I won't need to douse my head in sunscreen every day? Or am I becoming too much of an anti-Millennial, which would truly make me an old man?

Need your feedback here people. If you're give or take 25, would you rather go gray or bald?

No comments:

Post a Comment